clay brown handloom cotton ilkal saree with multicolour handembroidered pallu with tassels
: In stock
: Sandur Kushala Kala Kendra
Measurement: Length - 5.5mtr, Width - 45.5in, Blouse Material : Length - 30in, Width - 45.5in
Blouse: Unstitched Blouse
Material: Handloom Ilkal
Care:Dry Clean Only
Work: Hand Embroidery
Shipping : 5 to 7 working days
Disclaimer: Product color and design may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor settings.The blouse which model is wearing is not part of the saree.
Ilkal saree takes its name from the town of Ilkal in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka state, India. Ilkal sarees are woven using cotton warp on the body and art silk warp for border and art silk warp for pallu portion of the saree. In some cases instead of art silk, pure silk is also used.
· The uniqueness of saree is joining of the body warp with pallu warp with a series of loops locally called as TOPE TENI technique.
· The weaver will gait only 6 yards, 8 yards, 9 yards warp due to above TOPE TENI technique. KONDI Technique is used for weft through inserting 3 shuttles
· Pallau portion-Design: “TOPE TENI SERAGU” Normally in tope teni seragu 3 solid portions would be in red colour, and in between 2 portions in white colour.
· Tope Teni seragu has been regarded as a state symbol and was greatly respected during festival occasions.
· Traditional Borders: (i) Chikki, (ii) Gomi, (iii) Jari and (iv) Gadidadi, and modern Gayathri are unique ones in Ilkal sarees - width ranging from 2.5” to 4”
· Border Colour Uniqueness: Red usually or Maroon dominates.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.